Northwestern PA EMS Council 1983-2013
EMMCO West Inc. moves into the July 2013 celebrating its 30th year of incorporation. Based in Meadville, EMMCO West, Inc. serves seven Northwestern PA counties including Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Forest, Mercer, Venango, & Warren.
1983, acute care hospitals in Northwestern PA formed a non-profit corporation and were awarded a contract through the PA Department of Health. EMMCO West, Inc. has continued to serve the EMS community for the past 25 consecutive years.
2004, EMMCO West, Inc. underwent a significant restructuring of its corporation. A new non-profit board of directors was formed. A board appointee format was implemented and included primary, governmental, disaster management, and at-large appointees.
Significant advancements have occurred in the last 30 yrs in prehospital care,
- 1985 PA EMS Act signed into law. Creation of EMSOF for funding the EMS system
- Updated First Responder, EMT, & Paramedic curriculums
- Nationally accredited regional CISM team since 1988
- Implementation of advanced life support care (ALS) throughout the region
- 911 coverage throughout Northwestern PA
- 2005, (6) EMS Strike Teams, part of 150 member statewide team
EMMCO West, Inc. remains committed to supporting and encouraging the growth of prehospial care in Northwestern PA for the next years to follow! We’ll keep in mind, and encourage our constituents, to follow the ideal of,
“ the bottom line is patient care”